Monday, May 7, 2012

Don't say in a letter what you can't in my ear




The last two weekends I've been up to London, and while killing time waiting for trains or for Charlie to finish work, I decided to start the dreaded Christmas shopping. Well, I say dreaded, normally it is, however this year I actually have ideas for presents which is making the entire process far more enjoyable! Anyway, this led me to explore shops such as Selfridges - it's not somewhere I had ever really considered going, let alone buying anything from, but I was fairly surprised to discover the entire place isn't soley consumed with things out of my price range!

Anyway, while exploring the store I came across the kitchen area (I guess?) and sadly now I have fallen in love with cups and saucers. 

Many cups and saucers. 

This naturally doesn't help situation: Christmas however I felt they were all too pretty not to share! (I've also thrown in a few Urban Outfitter's treats for good measure.) The Wedgewood Polka Dot Tea Story range is just so wonderfully pretty and I also very much desireth the Royal Albert Polka Dot Rose 1930 three piece set. I always see these things as multi-function, not only can they be used as intended (exciting tea vessel) but as a means of creating a background for photographing jewellery! I know, I need to get out more. I'm nearly as much of a sucker for pretty china as I am for stationary and packaging. 

What do you think? Have you discovered any lovely china... perhaps something a little less harsh on the bank account? I start to worry if I owned something so lovely I would be terrified to use it as it would be so mortifying if you accidentally broke it!!

I have so many things I need to blog about, I have one other post half done and about two others partly mentally prepared! Expect to be bombarded in the next week or so.... x