Monday, May 7, 2012

Step in to my office baby

Pearl Lowe Lace Collar Dress - Peacocks - £35
Annabelle Necklace - Wallpaper Rose Jewellery - £13
Head piece - Little Fille - to be released
Bow court heel - New Look - £22.99
Nails in Voltage - Topshop - £5
Nails in Hide and Seek - Topshop - £5

I discovered this wonderful dress via Models Own's twitter feed, I'm a little blown away it from Peacocks - it's their range designed by Pearl Lowe. It's chic tailoring and pretty lace detailing is just lovely. I have a wedding coming up towards the end of the month and I've started to fixate on this as an outfit (not that I have the cash for something new!), however perhaps it's a little too funereal? I'm never really sure as to whether there's some kind of rule against wearing black to a wedding, but the LBD is always so flattering! I also think this would make a great interview outfit ( I'm still planning for when, eventually I might get that special call/email/letter..... perhaps it just seems more reasonable as a potential purchase if it has more than one function)

Anyway, I've teamed it with a headpiece from the to be released Autumn/ Winter collection by Little Fille, bow court heels, the Wallpaper Rose Annabelle necklace - a simple locket on a long length chain would really compliment the peter pan collar and then a choice of nail colour. Either a simple oyster sheen (Hide and Seek) or a dark blue (voltage). As discussed by Sophie at Crown and Glory I can't help but throw caution into the wind and love navy and black as a combination. Having said that, I would and probably have worn black, navy and brown in one outfit - I'm probably the biggest crime against fashion know to humanity, but there we go. I hope you like it.

I'm working on a few new pieces at the moment, so once they're finished I'll post some photos later this week. I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. I've just had to leave my boyfriend at the train station - saying goodbye always leaves me a little melancholy. However, seeing him was so very lovely. x