Monday, May 7, 2012

I get the news I need on the weather report

1. Floral Platform - Miss Selfridge
2. Black Spotty Platform - Miss Selfridge
3. Tan Floral Brogue - Miss Selfridge
4. Miola Lace Up Brogues - Topshop
5. Marissa Brogues - Kate Kanzier
6. Alice Brogues - Kate Kanzier
7. Marissa Brogues (Black) - Kate Kanzier

I'm afraid this post is somewhat eclectic, but I simply wanted to share some shoes with you! The first are two pairs of platform heels from Miss Selfridge. Now I am notoriously awful at walking heels, so rarely wear them (however they do wonders for the appearance of my legs) but these are the first pairs that I've seen in a long time that have really made me long for them! In my head I tell myself the heels are fairly chunky, which probably makes them easier to walk in, realistically this is unlikely to be true, but they're just so darn pretty! If only I had the occasion.

The follow 5 pairs are all varying forms of brogues. I've been after a nice pair for ages now, but always felt they were a little beyond my price range. They look great with a dress, still smart without wearing heels, or dressed down with jeans, and perfect for work wear.

However here are a few great finds! The first (and my favourite) are from Miss Selfridge, combing brown leather and floral material -  I have a thing for both brown leather boots/ shoes and floral designs. The second pair are from Topshop, they're actually a little pointy for my liking, but they're a lovely nude shade and I really like the idea of using ribbon as laces. The final three pairs are all from Kate Kanzier - I discovered the site on the DeerBrain's blog, it offers a range of styles and colours all for affordable prices!

Enjoy x